Monday, June 17, 2013

The big day is over!

Yesterday was Father's Day, but it was also my first 5K! 



Losing 60 pounds and running my first 5K was a big deal for me.  I am very happy to report that both me and my friend ran the entire thing without a walk break.  We were not the fasted, nor were we the slowest.  We may have been the proudest- so proud in fact, we're looking for another race to do!  45.16 is not that bad for a first timer right :) 


* I wanna say thank you to husband and kiddo who cheered for us enroute and at the finish line, and of course to my running partner M, who not only ran with me but kept my speed in check.  


13 comments:

  1. Congrats! I've done 3Ks but never a 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, on all counts. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Bay Girl, 5K is an absolutely amazing achievement that I'd not be able to compete in without fainting of exhaustion before the finish time haha, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you and congratulations!!!!!! Even back in the day when I was thin I wasn't a runner at all. For some reason I just can't seem to run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the 5K AND the weight loss! Good job on both counts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So happy for you! You did great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an awesome accomplishment! Congrats!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! that is a great accomplishment and not an easy thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! That is a huge thing.....you must feel great.

    ReplyDelete