Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kiddo turns 11, I turn OLD

Yesterday was my baby's 11th birthday! She awoke yesterday to breakfast in bed, and was asked how she would like to spend her day. "Mom, I think I would like to go the beach." So being the most awesome mother I am, I made a few phone calls and we headed out to my friend's trailer at Knight's Beach to spend the day tubing.




We talked her through the hand signals, and warned her that she definitely would fall off. I have to say, I was very proud of the way she hopped onto the tube, like a seasoned pro, showing no fear or apprehension at all.





When she fell, she jumped back on and went again....she did really well. She LOVED it.


Then came my turn....






I learned a very valuable lesson yesterday. Things I did regularly from ages 13-21 are NOT the same when you are 33! I used to be able to hang on forever - water skiing, wake boarding and tubing, yesterday 20 minutes on the tube felt like 6 years, and the fun rolls are no longer fun they hurt, every part of me hurts.

Happy Birthday Bria! Mom loves you!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your babe. It looks like she had a splashing good time!
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, it looks like she had fun! Happy birthday to her!!

    (visiting from nff)

    ReplyDelete