Thursday, November 18, 2010

this is how we does it...

I just got off the phone with me fadder, this is our actual conversation from start to finish. Anyone want to translate?

phone--ring ring
me: 'lo?
fadder: How ya gettin on?
me: Good. Ya get arn'?
fadder: 500 pound, n' 55 rabbits.
me: Yes b'y, spot on.
fadder: School?
me: Goin'. You?
fadder: Swell. Kid?
me: Great.
fadder: Best kind.
me: Yep.
fadder: Be good now. Here's your mudder.

(Those are not spelling mistakes, I was trying to catch the dialect)

8 comments:

  1. I think I'm good on all of it except "500 pound, n' 55 rabbits."
    What the heck does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I had a friend growing up who was a Newfie. His father had all kinds of expressions and I didn't understand half of what he was saying.

    Like Pat I'd like to know what that phrase means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in as the clueless to the 500 pound, 55 rabbits comment! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I caught it all except the big bunnies...but you expected that, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I can see you are talking about how much your mudder loves Spam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PTM is close, except their spam isn't from a can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you just made me think of an old saying from where i grew up, where if someone asks you how much something cost, the reply is "a buck two eighty".

    ReplyDelete