Sunday, January 23, 2011

cherries on top

Its Sunday morning.

The bathroom renovations are still underway. (unforeseen plumbing problem, unforeseen ceramic tile problem, me accidentally losing 2 hammers and my sanity)

The bulb in my 53" rear screen projection TV went out on Friday.

Kiddo accidentally bumped into a rather large potted plant sending it crashing to the floor, spilling its dirt all over the carpet the same day that my central vac hose refuses to suck.

I walk into the kitchen, husband is cooking a wonderful breakfast (sweet potato wedges, eggs, sausage and toast) and there is kiddo, sitting at the table scooping giant spoonfuls of jam onto her plant.

She has found my hidden jar of breakfast sanity; also known as sweet cherry jam, and is removing all the jam to get the full cherries for herself. She sees me and begins scooping the jam back into the bottle.

Is it too early to open a bottle of wine?

6 comments:

  1. The moment it hits noon, you may open that bottle of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a wine drinker, but I say anytime is a good time...that's how I feel on bad days when I need my Pepsi!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we always say in my house, "it's 10 a.m. somewhere!"
    The good news is that, this is one of the kind of days you will look back at and laugh someday! Or maybe cry....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like wine won't be strong enough! Go for the scotch! BLECCH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making me feel better about my day. I think parents like you (i.e., good ones) always have the right to open a bottle of wine. Psst, pour a little - just a little - on kiddo's head.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how the vacuum stops working when we need it.
    Hope you have a better day today!

    ReplyDelete