Thursday, April 17, 2014

Oh Oh Oh Oats



Some people look at a bowl of oatmeal and go "blah", but those humble unassuming little flakes have some big benefits!




One cup of oats provides 6 g of protein and 4 g of fibre.  Eat just one cup of oats and you can rack up nearly 70% of your daily needs for manganese, a mineral that helps enzymes in bone formation. (You'll also get good helpings of vitamin B1 and magnesium.)

They fill you up.  They help reduce cholesterol.  They are diabetes friendly.  They support healthy digestion.    They are great for cooking.  They are quick and easy to prepare.

I love my oats with a little bit of maple syrup, cocount flakes and plump juicy raisins... ummmm oats

5 comments:

  1. I like oatmeal! Esp. in the form of cookie. ;) I was trying to get my fiance' to eat more oatmeal but he calls it 'gruel' and turns his nose up at it. I should make it more often for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oatmeal with bananas and maple syrup...one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the true old fashioned oatmeal. When I was quite ill (with peritonitis) one of the only things I could eat was oatmeal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've learned to eat it because it is healthy. But after a couple weeks, it does start to taste like mush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't' think I've ever had oatmeal

    ReplyDelete