Monday, April 6, 2015

E is for Endorphins

exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins makes you happy. Happy people dont shoot their husbands, they just dont. -Elle Woods Legally Blonde

Endorphins are brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters (transmit electrical signals within the nervous system) that are found in the pituitary gland and other parts of the brain and nervous system.  Endorphins interact with our opiate receptors to reduce our perception of pain and act similarly to drugs like morphine and codeine (without the addiction or dependence)

Along with decreased feelings of pain, endorphins lead to feelings of euphoria, modulations of appetite, release of sex hormones and enhanced immune response.

Take away point - endorphins make you happy :)



5 comments:

  1. Hey...where can you buy those lol????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel better after exercise, although not as good as I did after I exercised when it was rare. My body has gotten used to the endorphins, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I don't think I have any endorphins. I have an extremely low threshold to pain. I never felt good after exercise....even when I worked out regularly.

    ReplyDelete