Wednesday, April 6, 2011
be it Ever so Sweet
"I spent all day eddying around looking for my elsinor, that I was so distracted I forgot to put the cover on the Eversweet, and an earwig got into it. Now I'm having an evenin with nothing to put on my excursion bread."
Earwig - a variety of centipedes
Eddy - of water or wind, moving in a circular motion
Elsinor - a cap with ear flaps, especially one made of leather
Evenin - an alcoholic beverage at the end of a day's work
Eversweet - margarine manufactured in Newfoundland (pictured above)
Excursion bread - a hard bread, similar to hard tack, but sweeter and softer, eaten alone or with butter. (also called sweet bread or scursion bread)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
It's made by Imperial...for heavens sake! Well, I knew what an earwig and an eddy was. Mom bought dad a cap with ear flaps..it was bearskin...she had to have it specially made cause his head was so big. What do you call a man with a big head (fathead?).ReplyDelete
Excursion Bread. Wow, I haven't heard that in a long time. I love, love, love your theme for this challenge.ReplyDelete
Lots of good E words. I'm your newest follower.ReplyDelete
Well, I knew the first two words. Thanks for increasing my vocabulary! :-)ReplyDelete
Some Excellent E words here!ReplyDelete
Lots of words. We have lots of centipedes in our area of the world. Earwig is one I recall my mother using.ReplyDelete
I'd like to try this excursion bread. Sounds like my kind of bread.ReplyDelete
I love your blog and what great 'E' words....unfortunately I'm too familiar with earwigs...I thought they were only around here in N. B. You have a great writing style and a wonderful sense of humor. Looking forward to reading more.ReplyDelete
I found you with the ‘surprise me’ button. I’m a new follower of yours. I'd love to have you check out my take on the A to Z Challenge, comment and follow, if you'd like.
Kathy at Oak Lawn Images
I found this entry very entertaining. I really wonder where you got all these E words.ReplyDelete
I only knew one of the words today... eddy... hmmm.ReplyDelete
Hi Baygirl - love the story and then the words - I learnt one or two - evenin (sounds good to me!) .. fun post - thanks .. cheers HilaryReplyDelete
"Evenin" I like that one!ReplyDelete
Earwigs are nasty little suckers.
I've never heard of excursion bread. Is it a bit like brioche?ReplyDelete
You're such a crack up. Never heard of this stuff ha ha.ReplyDelete
Thanks for visiting Eire. Gorgeous place.
L'Aussie Travel A - Z Challenge Posts E for Eire, F for ?
lol...interesting "E" words! :DReplyDelete
68%? What the heck is the other 32%! BUTTER, please!ReplyDelete
Great E's. Thanks for visiting my blog today.ReplyDelete
I thank you for improving my vocabulary. I am loving these words. i would like to try some of that excursion bread.:PReplyDelete
Nice bunch of "E" words here! Liked your post!ReplyDelete
E has been exceptional! I can't wait for F.. wonder who will have the first post about french fries?ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by!
Some great E words. love the lists, easy to read.ReplyDelete
I've discovered your blog via the A-Z challenge and I'm glad I did. It's fun seeing what everyone is doing with the challenge.
Blue Velvet Vincent
Very clever and funny! Really enjoyed this! :-)ReplyDelete
I had no clue to what Elsinor is. Familiar with the rest but the refresher course was wonderful.ReplyDelete
Wanna buy a duck
I sure am learning a lot on this challenge. I love the way you are doing this. Now I know what my Canadian friends were saying. Just wish I knew then.ReplyDelete
Fellow A to Z challenger
Excursion bread and elsinor are new words for me. Clever how you put it all together!ReplyDelete
and you can find it at your local Eatery?ReplyDelete
This is the kind of thing I like!ReplyDelete
Must it be the evening to have an evenin?ReplyDelete
Always a treat to come here...learning new words and jargon~!! Didn't know excursion bread or elsinor~!! Love followin' you...ReplyDelete
Off now to read "F"...