Thursday, April 21, 2011

We'll Rant and We'll Roar


Republic Flag


Right on, now give me a hand to rig up the rodney you randy old rag moll before I gets rotted and leaves you alone.

------
ragged - jagged, especially cliffs

rag moll - an untidily dressed person

randy - 1)sexually aroused 2)a boisterous party

ravel {rhymes with gravel} - a loose thread

republic flag - old pink, white and green flag from 1843, recently revived and used as a symbolic gesture of discontent with the Canadian Government

Republic of Doyle - got to give a shout out to Newfoundland television (available on Netflix I might add)

rig - to outfit for a voyage or venture (also rig out or rig up)

rodney - a small rowboat with a sleek, round hull an small flat stern

rotted - angry

15 comments:

  1. Rotted is angry - I'll remember that for future real-life conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like rotted. I think I'll use that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Baygirl .. a rodney with a small flat stern - that I think I'll remember .. only thing is I don't think I know any Rodneys!!

    Cheers - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great Newfoundland words and awesome photos!!
    Thanks for stopping by for a visit and for you nice comments.
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images.
    http://oaklawnimages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I thought it was a faded Irish flag. What's the dealie with that? Is it like the U.S. "Don't Tread On Me" flag?

    ReplyDelete
  6. some of these are totally new to me. Great use of "R" words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never knew there was a flag with pink in it. I like that.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've learned more new words from you since the A-Z started than I've learned in a life time. :) Thanks. I think I'll use the word rotted at myself if I don't get my bum off this computer chair and get on with the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dated a Rodney once. He was sleek... (=

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do so enjoy your blogs! Today I am a rag moll, and I don't care who knows it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's what I am... a rag moll!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think out of the ones you've done so far, this is the one I most needed translation for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rotted is a perfect word! Thanks for that...

    ReplyDelete