Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm turning into me Mudder! (a re-post)

I posted this last year for mother's day, and it got 2 comments (thanks Robyn and Ms A). Since mom is here with me today, and we're out beating the path - craft fair, shopping, drinking beer and the like, I'm re-posting...

In honour of mother's day, I've compiled a list of phrases frequently used by my mother while I was growing up. As I was writing them down, I realized that I have used about 90% of these when talking to kiddo and husband!


Dawn, get your feet off the counter.
If it had teeth it would bite you.
Ask your father (closely followed by "Ask your Mother")
Who do you think you are?
Bored! How can you be bored?
I'll treat you like an adult when you start acting like one!
Look at me when I'm talking to you.
Did you flush?
Don't you roll your eyes at me!
We’re not doing anything tomorrow, so don’t bother waking up.
Don't pick it, it'll get infected.
Please close your mouth when you chew.
Don't put the chips back in the bowl after you've licked them.
Where are your clothes?
I don't care if "insert friend;s name here" Mother said yes.
You'll put your eye out with that thing!
I hope your kids act just like you!
I'm going to give you to the count to three.
Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been.
Make sure you wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident.
Dawn, stop hitting your sister when she's sleeping.
Don't cross your eyes like that, one day they'll freeze that way.
I don't care who started it, I'll finish it!
Don't EVER let me catch you doing that again!
Why? Because I SAID SO, that's why!?!
The car is not a garbage can.
If everyone jumped off a cliff, would you jump too?
Good God, why is your room such a mess?
If I catch you doing that one more time, I'll...
If you can't say something nice, be quiet.
What if I spit in your soda?
DAAWWWNNN! (mine is the first name called when something goes wrong)
Your shirt is not a napkin.
How many times do I have to tell you, don't!!
How would you like it if someone stepped on you?
Do you think your clothes are going to pick themselves up?
"I don't know" is NOT an answer!
I know it's not fair. Life isn't fair.
Do you think its just going to fix itself?
I know you love all of the rocks, but we can only take one into the store today.





To all mom's, past, present and future...Happy Mother's Day!

To my own mom... Happy Mudder's Day, we love you!

13 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha....lick the chips?!!!! Aaack! I think I'm guilty of more than a few of these sayings. :) Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your mom might be my mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Moms must go to Mom School, because they all say the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see where you got your brains. There's really no worthy response to any of these statements. They kinda just leave you silenced. She's good!
    Enjoy your time with your mom.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup! Heard many of them myself - used a few, too! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is hilarious - and some of them were waaaaay to familiar to me....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Except for licking the chips, I've pretty much used them all and heard them from my mother, as well.

    Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the universal mother, I heard many of these too.
    Happy Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Love it! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you had a great day together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAAH! Is it inevitable that we all turn into our mothers? Hopefully just the good stuff! But I definitely hear her coming out of my mouth sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The realization that you are becoming your mother is the most shocking and yet bonding thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When we are young we think that we can become anything we want to but than as we grow older we realize that truth ... we will be come our mother.

    ReplyDelete