1. Never, NEVER wear flip flops while swinging a hammer; flip flops do not rank high in safety footwear.
2. When someone, especially a medical professional, tells you that something is going to hurt. It will. ALOT! Brace yourself.
3. Always seek medical attention when you are injured (even if that means having to admit to yourself that you are indeed hurt).
4. Pain killers may make you feel funny, but in reality they make you UNfunny to everyone else.
5. Always have a way to contact your husband in case of emergency. I am carefully teaching the dog how to use the phone.
6. Toes should never be taken for granted.
7. Hammers are evil.
It has taken me thirty-something years, a dropped hammer, and a blackened toe nail to learn these lessons... I will not make the same mistake twice I tell ya.