Friday, October 7, 2011

Proud mom

The scene opens with kiddo and I sitting in the kitchen. I am puling out containers of leftovers while kiddo sizes up the contents of the fridge. (Mind you, we are leaving in a few days, so there is little to nothing in the fridge.)

Kiddo: Is that...? Oh my... YEAH!

Me: What is it dolly?

(with a huge smile on her face): Chocolate pudding!

Me: Well I guess you're in luck.

(around a mouthful): Umm I am so glad, I thought the only stuff left in the fridge were leftovers and stuff we didn't want to eat, you know like cabbage. Pudding is awesome. It's delicious and slides down your throat...you don't even have to chew it!


Yep - I am the proud mother of a 12 year old who is just too lazy to chew her food. I am so not ready for the teen years!

6 comments:

  1. At least pudding is safe for consumption, unlike many of the things teens like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with Chocolate pudding???
    Good luck with the teen years. Just remember we and our parents survived them....barely.

    Pamela Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pudding. And I never thought about it before, but yeah, it's awesome that you don't need to chew it.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat T. here. Can't post under my name anymore on blogs without pop-up boxes for comments. Blogger has no idea.
    Like it or not, here they come! Funny post! Teenagers can be a problem We had 5 of them!

    ReplyDelete