Sunday, February 15, 2015

Foodie Pen Pals

Back in December I did Fat Fab Fuel Ornament Exchange, while I was following the rules and learning about my wonderful partner, I discovered The Lean Green Bean's Foodie Pen Pals, and of course I signed up :)  The rules are pretty simple: on the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email.  You have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail.  The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written.  Sounds fun right?

Well it was!  I had a ball - I was paired with Mary; a non blogging, wine drinking, scrabble playing, fresh food lover living in BC.  Through our email correspondence I also learned we would get along fabulously if we were not on opposite ends of the country.



Mary sent me a great package filled with delicious goodies :)

Smoked wild sockeye salmon, chipolte powder, wildflower honey, coconut curry lentil soup mix and her hubby Paul's dried okenagen pears.

Paul - those pears were amazing!!


Now this is where I have to apologize - I missed the part of the exchange where I was supposed to post on the last day of the month :(  I also missed the deadline for this month's sign up deadline, but I won't miss next month's.   THANKS again Mary, it was wonderful having you as my partner, and for the goodies.

 I off running the Hypothermic 1/2 when I was supposed to be blogging - if I had my shite together I would have scheduled this post, but I never claimed to have my shite together :)


5 comments:

  1. Salmon is a way of life out there in BC. I never could get used to it and I did try. Sounds like a really fun swap! What did you send to Mary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoked salmon is so delicious! Glad you enjoyed this unique event and you will be participating more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah love swaps, I did one recently and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoJo! The question really is what didn’t Dawn send me! She was very generous and I had such fun opening my box and checking out all of the goodies. And even more fun sampling them . There was bakeapple sauce (delicious on French toast, and I’m looking forward to trying it with toutons which sound like a delicacy in themselves!). Then there was strawvberry-partridgeberry wine – delish, and came complete with wine charms. Not to mention amazing chocolates (and Dawn, I was very pleased to see the dark chocolate with raspberries is available at my local fruit & veggie market – I made the “mistake” of sharing with my coworkers!). Paul and I have both been cooking with Newfoundland savoury in various dishes from soup to meatloaf. I’ve been enjoying my Tea Forte teas at work, and am looking forward to having the dips in the near future, not to mention planting my seeds as it seems spring is just around the corner in the Okanagan. Thanks again, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete